Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Midnight Snack - Mushrooms with Sage


This is my first personal recipe ever. And it was really yummy! I'm on a super diet for the next few weeks, trying to get in shape, and got a midnight hunger craving. Thankfully, I've stocked my fridge with only healthy fare. So here's my concoction....

Ingredients:
8 oz. button mushrooms (or mixed mushrooms) - anything will work
20 sage leaves, coursely chopped
1/4 cup Sherry
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
Dash of Emeril's Original Essence
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the olive oil and butter and add the mushrooms and the Essence of Emiril. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the sage, cook for additional 2 minutes and turn the skillet up a notch - wait until the natural juices start to absorb back into the mushrooms and then add the sherry. Stir constantly..the sherry will deglaze the pan and absorb into the shrooms as well. Add salt & pepper to taste.

I ate half tonight and plan to eat the other half atop a chicken breast with cheese tomorrow for lunch. :-)

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing! I love mushrooms. Your diet is going to have to be on hold tomorrow night =)

    ReplyDelete