Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chang-Mai Salmon and Orzo Pasta


A friend recommended I try making salmon this way and it's my favorite preparation style now. Simply buy some "Chang-Mai Fish & Foul" seasoning - I get mine in the bulk spice section at Central Market, and rub a generous amount on top of the dry fish. No oil necessary. Bake the fish in the oven at 400 degrees until done, about 20-30 minutes.

I remember seeing this orzo pasta recipe on the food network years ago but I can't remember who's show it was on. I also don't have the exact ingredient amounts so I usually just "wing it." The combination of the garlic and mint is a wonderful surprise.

2 cups hot cooked orzo pasta
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
about 20 fresh mint leaves, torn in pieces

In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Toss the onions in and stir until they start to become a tad translucent, then add in the garlic and zucchini. Cook for a few more minutes until the zucchini starts to soften. Then, dump the orzo in and mix everything together. Add the mint last. Add salt & pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment